Me Made May - Week 2 Wrap-Up

Well, Week 2 of Me Made May is in the books and I have to admit, this week was a little bit more difficult for me. I'm trying not to repeat anything until I've worn every me-made piece and I've now run out of bottoms! As a result, I have two pairs of summer pants and one pair of shorts on my list of garments to sew very soon.


I kicked-off week 2 with my second Busan Top by Itch-to-Stitch. The red fabric is a double knit from Minerva and the navy is a gorgeous French Terry from The Fabric Snob. I love, love, love this top! But I never know what to wear with it because I don't have navy pants. Although I don't really mind it with grey so maybe I'll try to pair it with my grey Arden pants and see how that looks. This top will probably be put away for the season now that the temperatures are rising but it will definitely be back in the Fall.


On May 9 (Mother's Day), I wore my other La Bella Donna tunic by Love Notions with faux leather RTW pants and a me-made infinity scarf. The fabric is a super soft modal knit from The Fabric Snob. The fabric really is lovely, but it also really highlights every lump and bump so I always feel a little self-conscious when I'm wearing it. I might keep it for next Fall to wear around the house.


On Monday, May 10, I wore head-to-toe me-made! First up is the Seamwork Oliver in a gorgeous sweater knit from Minerva. This is my favourite sweater and has been in heavy rotation since I made it in February. This sweater is definitely going to come back in the Fall. The pants are the Arden pants by Helen's Closet in a brown stretch suiting also from Minerva. These pants are a tiny bit snug but I do like them and they will also be back in the Fall. I blogged about my making of these pants here.



On Day 11, I wore my denim York Pinafore, a RTW tee and a me-made infinity scarf. That day was absolutely freezing here and I really needed the extra warmth. I love my York and it's super comfortable, but now that I'm looking at pictures of me in it, something bugs me. I think it's either the scarf or the fact that I'm covered basically from head to toe! I think I'm going to keep this one in my closet this summer and wear it with a short-sleeved tee and sandals. Hopefully, I'll fall in love with it again! You can read all about the York here.


On Day 12, the weather warmed up a bit so I decided to wear my new Cedar Dolman by Cashmerette in a gorgeous pink knit from Blackbird Fabrics. I paired it with a Blackwood Cardigan by Helen's Closet in a beautiful Art Gallery knit fabric. I love this combo and this will definitely stay in my closet for the summer months. Get more info on my Cedar Dolman here and on the Blackwood Cardigan here.


On May 13, I wore my new Seychelles top by Itch-to-Stitch for the first time. I had to wait for the weather to warm up to wear this one because the beautiful pleated sleeves really don't lend themselves to layering (especially with a Blackwood which has very narrow sleeves). The fabric is a viscose crepe from Blackbird Fabrics. I really like this blouse and it will remain in my closet for the Summer. I really want to make some white shorts to wear with it!


And finally, on May 13, I wore my McCalls M7331 top with RTW pants. I made this top last year, right at the beginning of the pandemic and hadn't worn it very much since then. It's difficult to layer because of the 3/4 sleeves so I feel as though this one is really only good for early Fall and late Spring. What's great about this top though is that it goes with everything so it will remain in the closet for now and I'll try to remember to wear it more often!

And there you have it! For week 3, I'm planning to wear more of my warm weather makes because I'm going to spend a little bit of time switching out my closet this weekend.


Comments