The Seamwork Oliver

At the beginner of this month, Meg, from Cookin' & Craftin', blogged about her new top - the Seamwork Oliver. The sweater looked so good on her, I immediately logged into my Seamwork account to have a closer look at the pattern.

I had a 1.5 meter cut leftover from my latest Blackwood Cardigan and figured that would be the perfect thing to try the Oliver top pattern with.


I made a size 16 with no adjustments. For my next one, I will size down to a 14 - the shoulders are a little wide on me and there is a lot of room. I'll also shorten the upper sleeves by 1.5 inches. I removed 1.5 inches from the bottom sleeves and the fun sleeve detail looks a little funny because it's a big too low.



When I first put it on, I thought it was a little short, but now that I'm looking at the pictures, I like where this hits me so I might not touch the length at all on my next one.


I ordered a fabulous French Terry from the Fabric Snob a few weeks ago and it will be perfect for another Oliver.

The details:


Comments

  1. Another beautiful make, Izzy! Before you know it, you're entire wardrobe will be handmade!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment