Another Blackwood Cardigan

I love cardigans! Especially at this time of year when it could be really cold in the morning and quite warm by lunch time. In the Fall and Winter, I basically wear cardigans every day - so I need them in all the colours!

This is my third Blackwood Cardigan (pattern by Helen's Closet). You can read about the short version I made here and the long version here


I decided to make the longer version again this time because I plan on wearing leggings a lot this Winter and the length of the Blackwood is perfect with leggings.



I made a size 18 with no modification other than a 1" full bicep adjustment. I love the fit. I can wear it with a cami or a tee (I'm wearing a long sleeve tee in these photos). I also love the long sleeves.



There isn't much else to say about the pattern - it's just awesome. And the instructions are so good. Helen really walks you through each step and offers a bunch of helpful tips along the way.

The fabric is a super warm and really comfortable Liverpool knit from Minerva.com (sadly no longer available in this wine colour, but many more are still available). It was a little bit bulky especially when topstitching the collar band and it really doesn't press well (it's very bouncy), but because it's a relatively stable knit, it was really easy to sew with. I have the same fabric in red - I'm very tempted to cut another Blackwood from it!

The details:




Comments

  1. What a gorgeous colour you opted for, Izzy! Love this one! Perfect for Fall!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment