A New Grey Seamwork Clarke

A few weeks ago, I wrote about a new Elliot Tee I had made with a grey jersey I purchased from Fabric.com which unfortunately is no longer available. Well, when I finished cutting that Elliot Tee, I noticed my Seamwork Clarke pattern still on my cutting table (I made my first Clarke back in November). I had more than enough of that grey jersey so I decided to cut myself a new Clarke!


This new version was a definite success! The fabric is much more fluid than my last one so I don't have that tent look. But the fit is just as good as the first one.



I don't really have much to say about this pattern that I haven't said in my other post. It's quick, it's easy and I love that the neckline and armholes are finished with  facings. If the fabric you choose is a little on the thinner side, you can lengthen the facings and have a lined tank top. I was actually thinking how nice this would be with a lace overlay and a beautiful satin on the bottom.

So many possibilities!

The details:
  • Pattern: Clarke by Seamwork
  • Size: 14 - no modifications
  • Fabrics: Grey jersey from Fabric.com (no longer available) in polyester (95%) and lycra (5%)

Comments

  1. It looks great. You have been on a roll with making clothes. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your me-made just keeps getting better and better, Izzy! I'm in love with this top and especially love the detail on the back. Have you picked up a serger or are you still making everything on your Juki?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment