The Ella Quilt by Kitchen Table Quilting

I'm not sure how I didn't buy the Ella Quilt pattern when it first came out because I love the design! And of course I can't remember when I saw this pattern again or what prompted me to buy it this time around, but when I was making my sewing plans for the first quarter of 2021, it needed to be part of those plans.


The pattern requires a background fabric (I used Kona Ash) and 8 fat quarters. I really like that as far as colours and prints, anything goes really for this pattern. I had a lot of fun choosing the fat quarters I used for this quilt. Most of them unfortunately didn't have the fabric designer on the selvage so I can't list all of them, but they had all been part of my stash for a while. 

The back is another vintage sheet my husband found a while ago. It is incredibly soft and snuggly - the perfect quilt back.


And I made the binding with leftovers from the fat quarters and a longer piece I had which remained from the Oh Happy Day! quilt I finished back in December.


I used Aurifil #2600 (Dove) in 50 wt to quilt my favourite wavy vertical lines. I decided to quilt them a little more densely that is usual for my quilts. I like that some of the lines intersect, creating an almost "wood"-like pattern.




The details:

I don't have plans for this quilt, no recipient in mind. So it will be added to the pile of small quilts to be gifted if and when the need arises.



Comments

  1. I like how you worked with warm and cool color groupings. Looks like a great design for some fat quarters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great pattern. Your version is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love how you quilted it, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment