The Suki Robe in Cotton Lawn

Last Summer, my step-daughter gave me a really cute cover-up which I absolutely love. I'm a huge fan of wearing layers, even in the warmer months so a light cover-up to wear with shorts and tank tops has been on my list of projects for a while. I purchased the Suki Robe pattern from Helen's Closet a while ago and Helen published a hack to turn it into a cover-up.

Well, right before the Holidays, I was doing research on community-made Sukis because I was thinking of making one for my mom and step-mom. And during my web travels, I came across Helen's cover-up tutorial again. I had a really cute cotton lawn in my stash so decided to give it a try and create my own cover-up. I realize I won't be wearing this for a long time, but hey!


I'm not sure about it to be honest. I don't hate it, but I think the fabric really doesn't drape enough. I really don't like how the sleeves and the back stick out.


I do like the pattern though so in a different fabric, I can see how it would make a really nice cover-up for next summer. 

As with all of Helen's patterns, the directions are really, really good. I had no problems whatsoever sewing this together.



The details:

So not my most successful make, but I'll still wear this and I'll definitely make another one with fabric with a little more drape.



Comments

  1. I made a hacked Suki, too! I made mine in a beautiful floral rayon. I wear it all the time in the spring/fall. It's a very useful pattern. I like your version; the cotton lawn makes the shaping of the sleeves much more pronounced, it's cute! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment