2021 Plans and Goals

If you've been following my blog for any length of time, you know that I'm a huge fan of planning. I love making lists, making plans, tracking my progress... So at the start of every year, I write down my goals and my plans for the upcoming 12 months and then toward the end of the year, I look back and celebrate my successes. I already blogged about my review of 2020 here so now it's time to look forward and start planning 2021.  

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl is hosting her annual Planning Party over on her blog so I thought I'd link-up and have some fun reading everyone else's plans too!


2021 Planning Party

I decided to group my goals into three categories: Quilts & Accessories, Garments and Other.

Quilts & Accessories

I would like to try new techniques this year in my quilting. And this is going to be much easier if I focus on making smaller quilts - minis, placemats, wall hangings. Things such as my Crosscut Quilt which was my first quilt using the "sew and slice" method as well as quilting radiating lines.


My daughter is moving out on her own this spring - she's going to need a bed quilt and my son moved to a new apartment last summer and he's also going to need a bed quilt. So my next goal is to make at least two queen size quilts this year.

I have plans to make another Closet Core Pouf this year - I already have enough scraps to fill one now and I'm pretty sure I'll have enough to fill a second one by the end of 2021.


Garments:

The overall goal for my garment sewing this year is all about filling gaps in my closet. The first step will be to do a thorough clean-up and get rid of the stuff I don't wear. The second step will be to inventory what's left and see what I need to make sure I have a cohesive wardrobe for work, weekends and the occasional special event. I'll do this twice: once for my spring/summer wardrobe and then again for my fall/winter wardrobe.

But I also want to make more clothes for others this year. All gifts this year will be handmade whenever possible. I see lots of pyjamas and robes in my future. 

Others:

I've only got two goals here: get healthier and take a trip. 

I've gained quite a bit of weight this last year and as a result, I'm experiencing pain in my lower back, my legs and my feet. I need to fix that. I lost 40 lbs a few years ago with WW. I just might try that again.

And finally, 2021 is going to be the year I travel to Scotland. This has been a dream of mine for years and if all goes well (if the pandemic is under control and countries start opening up again), my daughter and I will be in Scotland in September.

And that's it! These are my plans for 2021 - what about you? What are you planning for this coming year?

Comments

  1. Simple and thoughtful goals.... above all, I hope you get to take that trip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment