Swoon - Block 2

I had a full weekend of sewing planned, but my sewing machine in the country had other plans apparently.  I started quilting Dylan's quilt and after just a few minutes, I noticed that the hand wheel was suddenly really hard to turn and then the thread kept breaking.  I cleaned the bobbin case, re-threaded the whole thing, changed my needle and played with the tension, but nothing seemed to work.

So it looks like my sewing machine needs to go to the hospital to get fixed...  :-(

Before I left to go to the cottage on Friday, I managed to make a lot of progress on my FQS Designer Mystery BOM top and should have a finished quilt top in a couple of days.

I also finished block 2 of my Swoon quilt.  I think I'm a little bit behind on this QAL because I should have block 3 done by now, but I'm hoping to catch up this week.


And here are blocks 1 and 2 together.  Aren't they pretty?  :-)


I didn't realise how long these blocks take to piece.  I must have spent almost 3 hours today sewing my 2nd block!

I hope you have a great week.  As for me, I'm off to catch up on my blog reading.

Izzy

Comments

  1. What a bummer on your machine! So sorry to hear that happened. I hope it is fixed quickly so you have it next weekend. Love those Swoon blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so worth the time. They look fantastic! :)

    Just and FYI - theboredzombie moved to a new hosting location which changed my bloglovin feed. If you happen to follow me, would you update your feed? http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9760557

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I love your fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment