Quilting on a Budget

I recently ordered Dave Ramsey’s « The Total Money Makeover » from Amazon. I ordered the book because as I was re-evaluating my values and goals, I decided I want to retire from my “regular job” within the next 13 years (and spend more time quilting!). In order to retire by 55, I need to get rid of all debt… credit cards, line of credit, car loan and mortgage… before I reach the age of 50 (I’m turning 42 on June 2).

So I created a budget for myself (never had one of those before!) and I’m following Dave’s “Baby Steps”. Needless to say, if I am to focus all of my energy (and money) toward living debt-free by the time I’m 50, I can’t be spending hundreds of dollars on fabric every month.

My challenge will be to continue quilting over the next few months WITHOUT purchasing another yard of fabric.

I’ll post my progress here and show you what I’m able to “create” by using only fabric I’ve already purchased.

Should be interesting… J If you have any advice on quilting on a budget or using fabric from your stash to create beautiful things, please leave a comment! I can use all the help I can get.

Talk to you all later!

Comments

  1. What a good idea! I'm trying to make my LePetite project using just my stash. I'll let you know how it goes. It's great that you are focusing on your priorities.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment