Pretty in Pluses Baby Quilt

My boss, who's also a dear friend, is going to be a grand-mother this month. I waited to find out the sex of the baby and the nursery colours before I started planning the quilt. And once I had that information, I started pulling fabric and looking for a pattern to showcase the beautiful prints.


The pattern I used is Pretty in Pluses by Michelle Cain (From Bolt to Beauty). The pattern comes in three sizes: baby, throw and twin. I made the baby quilt and it finished at 40.5" x 48.5".

The instructions are really clear and this was a lot of fun to sew. 

The baby quilt size doesn't require a lot of fabric at all. The 1.5 yard for the background is Kona Ash (although the really bad light of winter is making it look much, much darker). I used fat quarters from my stash for the blocks and had enough leftover to piece a binding.


The back is a sheet I purchased. It's a really pretty pink print with unicorns and it's very soft. I thought it would be perfect for a baby.


I kept the quilting really simple by stitching wavy horizontal lines with the walking foot. I used a light grey Aurifil thread which blends in almost perfectly in both the background and the prints in the blocks.


I'm really pleased with the finished quilt and I hope the mother-to-be likes it. I'm hoping to have it delivered to her this week.




Comments

  1. Pretty in Pluses is a sweet pattern for a baby quilt. What a lovely gesture to make and I hope the quilt is loved!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment