A New Cashmerette Saybrook Tank

After making my Cedar Dolman tops earlier this month, I went back on the Cashmerette website and looked for other patterns which would fill some gaps in my Summer closet. 

There are so many things I love about Cashmerette as a company, I just had to give them more of my sewing dollars. They draft their patterns with plus size women in mind and have so many cup options available for their patterns. On top of that, they have a really nifty size calculator that tells you exactly which size to start from when sewing their patterns. I also listened to a podcast this weekend which had Jenny Rushmore (the founder of Cashmerette) as a guest and she just sounds like such an amazing person!

Anyhoo - back to my new tank top! The Cashmerette size calculator suggested I start with a size 16 C/D at the bust and grade out to a size 18 at the waist and hips which is what I had done with my Cedars. BUT my measurements were a little bit old... I re-took my measurements today and turns out I should have started with a 16 G/H, graded out to a 20 at the waist and back down to an 18 at the hips. I'm thinking if I make another one in the proper size, I'll be a lot happier with the fit. 😏


Looking at the pictures, I can see that the boobs need a little more room and I'm not crazy about how this top really, really hugs my body at the waist and hips. I'm not someone who typically tucks in her tops and this just looks weird untucked. It will be good enough to wear until a shirt though which is probably what I'll end up doing with it.


The fabric is a really nice cotton jersey from The Fabric Snob. I purchased 3 meters of it and I've got enough leftover to make another top from it. I also bought it in a few other colours (this one is Scarlet).

There is definitely room for a tank like this in my wardrobe for the Summer, especially for weekends spent at the Island House so I'll be re-printing this pattern and making at least 2 or 3 of these in a rainbow of colours!



The details:



Comments