A Table Runner for Marianne

My baby girl is moving out and getting her own apartment this coming May. I've promised her a quilt for her bed but until that's done, I decided to whip up a quick table runner. 


I was going to make placemats at first and I had decided on this free pattern by Alissa Haight Carleton. But when I confirmed the colours with Marianne, she said she would rather have a table runner. Instead of going to look for a different pattern, I decided to make the placemats and sew them all together into a table runner.


I used Kona Ash as the background and fat quarters from my stash in dark grey and teal. The back is a piece of fabric I had left over from another quilt back. It was a couple of inches too short and I didn't want to piece the back so shortened the top by a little bit so it fit. 


I then cut strips from the fat quarters to piece the binding and it all worked out perfectly.


The quilting is my favourite wavy lines with the walking foot. It is such a quick way to finish a small quilt like this - I love it!



The details:

Now that the table runner is all done, I really should start working on her bed quilt!



Comments

  1. oh this turned out so nice! Exciting to have your youngest fly the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to sew the placemats together to make the runner. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great solution and win-win to use the pattern you had already picked out to get your daughter just what she wants. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment