I made the York Pinafore a couple of years ago and I really wanted to revisit this pattern in a denim. But I've been doing a lot of research into what styles would look best on my body type and the cocoon shape of the York isn't recommended. So I hesitated.
In the end, I was swayed by all the lovely York Pinafores I saw online and decided to go for it.
I made View A (the longer length with the low neckline) but used the pocket from View B. The fabric is a gorgeous 8 oz non-stretch denim from Blackbird Fabrics. I ordered it during their Black Friday sale back in the fall. I have about one yard of it left and I might make a pair of jeans shorts for next summer with it. Or I might order more and make myself a beautiful denim skirt.
To save on fabric, I didn't cut the back on the fold so I have a seam back there. I thought about using a fun colourful print to make the bias tape, but I had a bit of viscose linen left from my Gilbert shirt so used that instead.
- Pattern: York Pinafore by Helen's Closet
- Size: XL (I bought the pattern before Helen's expanded the size range for this pattern)
- Fabrics: 8oz Non-Stretch Washed Denim from Blackbird Fabrics
- Verdict: I like it - but I don't love it. It's a tiny bit snug at the hips and I'm just not sure I love how it looks on me. I'm happy I made it and I had a lot of fun sewing it up though.
- For next time: Not sure there's going to be a next time, but if I make this again, I'll try View A.
I think it's really cute on you and it looks very comfy. Maybe you'll like it better in another season? Worth a try!ReplyDelete
I love it. It looks easy to make.ReplyDelete