Lotus Blossoms Quilt

My first finish of 2021! To be honest, 2020 was such a weird and crazy year, I'm really happy to be writing about a 2021 finish! 


Over the last few months of 2020, I've really been struggling with the quantity of quilts and garments I've been making. I obviously don't need all the quilts I've made and I'm working from home so how many garments do I really need? BUT sewing is how I relax, how I take my mind off work and how I stay sane. So stopping really isn't an option. 

I just need to find a home for my quilts and make sure the garments I make are some that I'll wear regularly.

Anyhow - let me tell you about Lotus Blossoms. This is a pattern I found in Issue 30 of Make Modern.


I pulled the fabrics from my stash - some of them weren't a perfect choice, but the overall results are pretty good I think. The backing is one I've used on another quilt recently and the binding was a prepared roll I made a long time ago - I can't really remember which quilt this was supposed to be sewn on, but I thought it was a pretty good fit for this one so I went with it.


The quilting is free-motion flowers in a dark grey Aurifil thread. It matches the Kona Charcoal in the background pretty well.



The details:

I'm always amazed when a project made from fabrics that at first glance don't really work together end up looking pretty nice. I'm really quite pleased with this little quilt.



Comments

  1. Congrats on your first finish for this year. Way to start the year off HOT! LOVE the free motion quilting on it. Gorgeous texture. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first finish of 2021, what a great way to start! I really like the colors and quilting design you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I'm sure anyone would love to be gifted this quilt. Congratulations on starting 2021 strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this one, Izzy! Love how the colours pop against the gray!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment