Sprinkle!

I didn't think I'd like this finish as much as I do. I mean, obviously, I liked the pattern because I bought it, but I was afraid my fabric choices wouldn't be great. When I purchased the pattern, I really wanted to make it out of the same colour but in different values. My stash, however, didn't have enough fat quarters of the same colours to make it work and I really didn't want to order fabric for this.

Anyhow - I went with solid fabric in a bunch of different colours and Kona Ash as the background.


The pattern is Sprinkle by Monica Solorio-Snow. It's a pretty simple pattern and comes together fairly quickly. I had a lot of fun making this quilt.

The quilting is what is almost becoming my trademark now - wavy lines with the walking foot. I used Aurifil Dove (#2600) for the piecing and the quilting.



The back is a really fun print I purchased from Fabric.com a little while ago. 


The binding was pieced from a bunch of leftover strips. I love a good scrappy binding!



The details:
  • Pattern: Sprinkle by Monica Solorio-Snow
  • Size: 48" x 72" 
  • Fabrics: Kona Ash and solid fat quarters from my stash
  • Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil #2600 in 50 wt



Comments

  1. It's a fun riot of color and I love how perfectly the backing matches the name and bold colors of the quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great pattern. You did a great job. Love that backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't great when a quilt passes expectations? :-) You have produced a lovely quilt and it sounds as though you really enjoyed the whole process of piecing it and doing the quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment