Baby Heart Log Cabin Quilt

Our family will be welcoming baby twin girls in just a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited!

When I asked my daughter-in-law which colours she'll be using in the nursery, she said white, gold and pink. I had the perfect stack of fat quarters in my stash and decided to pair that with some pink scraps. I found a scrappy log cabin pattern from Sew Can She a little while ago and went with that!



I love the gold in the background fabrics. This was a really easy and fun quilt top to put together - just log cabin blocks set on point.


I quilted it with FMQ flowers with very light beige thread in 50 wt (Aurifil #2000).


The backing is a pink print and I pieced the binding from pink and purple fat 1/8s I had in my stash.



The details:
  • Pattern: Baby Heart Log Cabin Quilt by Sew Can She
  • Size: 42" square
  • Fabrics: White/beige/gold fat quarters and pink scraps 
  • Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil #2000 in 50 wt


Comments

  1. Congratulations on your growing family! The gold fabrics are so perfect up close and I am sure this quilt is going to get a lot of love and use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty Izzy... the colour combo with the shot of metallic is terrific :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, and perfect for a baby girl! Congrats on the expected twins joining your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just darling, Izzy! And your fabric choices sound like they'll fit in with the nursery décor perfectly!! Congrats on expanding your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I know how fun it is to quilt for grandgirls. Happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! Twin girls will keep you busy. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment