Elsa Sweater Finish

During the long winter months, I love to wear snuggly sweaters with leggings on the weekend. So I've been on the look-out for a sweater pattern along with a good sweater knit to go along with it. I can't remember where I found it or even when I found it, but I eventually came across the Elsa Sweater by DG Patterns.


The sweater came together fairly easily but I did struggle a little bit with the cuffs. Not sure if it was my fault (if I made a mistake when I printed the pattern), but I couldn't find a pattern piece for the cuffs. So I had to basically improvise and they didn't come out exactly right.


Also, the sweater is a little short for my taste. I like my tops to fall just a bit below my hip bone and this one hits me a little above. Not a huge deal and I'll definitely wear this sweater, but if I make it again, I'm going to lengthen it by a couple of inches.


The fabric I also got at DG Patterns - I ordered it at the same time as the pattern. It's a poly/spandex blend if I remember correctly. I just loved the colour and it was pretty easy to work with.

I didn't use my serger at all for this project - it's been misbehaving and I didn't have the patience to try and resolve all the tension issues so I just used my regular sewing machine, my walking foot and a zig zag stitch.



So overall, I would call this a success! The fit is good (although a bit short), the pattern is easy"ish" (except for the missing cuff pattern piece) and the fabric is super comfy.

The details:

Comments

  1. The cuffs look fab to me?? And the colour is spectacular! Bravo on yet another gorgeous me-made make :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment