Same Pattern and Fabric, Different Bodies: The Seamwork Clarke

I love the "Same Pattern, Different Bodies" posts the Curvy Sewing Collective puts out there on a regular basis. I really like to see how a garment looks on different body types and what adjustments were made before I attempt a new pattern.

Today, I thought it would be fun to do something very similar but on two bodies that are vastly different: mine and my daughter's.


Mine

I blogged about my ITY Clarke here, but here's a picture and a few details:



  • Size: 14
  • Adjustments: none
  • Measurements: 43 - 36 - 46


My daughter's

I made my daughter's version of the Clarke with scraps I had leftover from making mine. She's so tiny, I needed less than a yard for it.





  • Size: 0
  • Adjustments: none
  • Measurements: 33 - 27 - 38

I really like where the Clarke hits her and how nicely it falls on her. (She's about 5' 6".)

This was really fun to make. I love that I can use up scraps to make something for my girl. And I would definitely call both these tops a success!

Comments

  1. I didn't realize you made a matching set, Izzy! I saw your daughter's on IG, but totally missed seeing yours. SUPER cuuuuute! This looks like it will beyond comfy for summer too - nice and light and airy! Perfection, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment