Waves (or Dunes) Quilt Finish

I've been really productive in the sewing room lately. Things are still pretty busy at work as well, but I'm very determined to spend as much time as I can sewing in the evenings and on weekends.

Today, I am happy to share a new quilt from the book Southwest Modern by Kristi Schroeder. This is my 3rd quilt from the book and I have more planned! I already shared and blogged all about Rustic and Marfa Lights.


The pattern is Dunes, but because I used blue fabrics for my version, I decided to call this one Waves. All of the fabrics are from my stash - I don't remember what the prints are but the background is Kona Cloud.


The backing is a navy print I think I ordered from Connecting Threads a while ago.

The quilting is my favourite wavy horizontal lines quilted with the walking foot. I thought the design would be perfect for a "Waves" quilt.



I used leftover strips for the binding - I love doing that. No waste, no need to order additional fabric and the binding is guaranteed to go with the quilt top.



The details:
  • Pattern: Dunes from the book Southwest Modern by Kristi Schroeder
  • Size: 63.5" x 66.5" 
  • Fabrics: Kona Cloud and fat quarters from my stash 
  • Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil #2600 (light grey) in 50 wt


Comments

  1. Wavy lines are the perfect compliment to the quilt. I'm glad you are making time for creating even though things are busy at work right now and I hope it evens out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the wavy lines. I love connecting the quilting to the quilt's theme. Yay for another lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your version. The colors and the wavy quilting go so well together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment