Little quilt for Peter's new Baby Girl

A colleague of mine is having a baby girl in October. And like most quilters I guess, when I found out Peter was having a baby, I immediately started planning the baby's quilt! He let me know a couple of months ago that he was having a girl and that the nursery was going to be pink.

I finally got some time last week so started looking at possible patterns and fabrics.

I've mentioned before that I'm really trying to use up the patterns I already own as well as my stash of fabrics. So I decided to go with the Flight Plan quilt pattern by Quilting Jetgirl.


I kept the fabric choices very simple: a Karen Lewis print, and some Kona solids in white and charcoal.

I once again went with some FMQ flowers with a pink thread (Aurifil #2479 in 50 wt).



I have to say - I'm IN LOVE with this quilt! I just love the graphic design and although I wasn't sure about selecting only one pink fabric, I think it really works.


The details:
  • Pattern: Flight Path by Quilting Jetgirl
  • Size: 42.5" square 
  • Fabrics: Karen Lewis print and Kona solids 
  • Thread: Pieced with Aurifil #2600 in 50 wt and quilted with Aurifil #2479 in 50 wt




Comments