Spring is in the Air Quilt Finish

Last year, Shannon from sf Designs launched her Spring is in the Air quilt pattern and I almost immediately purchased a copy - baby quilts are so useful and this design was particularly fun!


I used scraps for my version along with some Kona White. I love how colourful it is and it was a pretty quick make.


I once again went with wavy horizontal lines with white thread for the quilting.


For the back, I used some of the leftover blocks in two columns along with some leftover backing from another quilt. I love that I used every last bit of those fabrics.




Stats:
  • Pattern: Spring is in the Air by Shannon Fraser of sf Designs
  • Size: 40" square 
  • Fabrics: Kona White and scraps 
  • Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil #2021 (White) in 50 wt

I will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Pretty Piney for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. It’s so awesome you were able to make this one from your stash. It glows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is just beautiful! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I like this! Very sweet and it looks fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info about this pattern. It looks like a great one to have in your repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Izzy I love this! Your colours are just so vibrant! So many squirrels, so little time to chase them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the energy in this quilt! It is really a marvelous quilt for a baby on up through adult. I love quilts that span a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing. What a great pattern. Will have to go check out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's just stunning, Izzy! And I adore the back! What a great use for those leftovers :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment