Modern Plus Sign Quilts Blog Hop: Row Addition

When Cheryl and Paige reached out to me and asked if I'd be willing to participate in the blog hop organized to celebrate the launch of their very first book, I was honoured and really excited to get to play with one of the patterns from the book.

Photo courtesy of C&T Publishing

I chose to make Row Addition for the blog hop. I loved the simple design and the size is perfect for a baby quilts - there are lots of babies in the family now and I'm sure this one will come in handy.

Photo courtesy of C&T Publishing

For my version of Row Addition, I went with Kona solids: White for the plus signs and then Bubblegum, Schoolbus, Sprout, Jade Green and Teal Blue.


The piecing was really quick and easy - thanks to the great design and the clear instructions. The top was done is one evening. Next, I had to decide on a backing and binding. Thankfully, I had the really fun polka-dot wide-backing leftover from another project. I also had enough of it to prepare my binding!


For the quilting, I stitched wavy lines across the width of the quilt with my walking foot. I really love how soft the quilt is with these lines of stitching. I used Aurifil 50 wt thread for the quilting and decided to match the thread colour to the Kona cotton in each row: #2479 (pink), #2150 (orange), #2845 (light green), #2890 (dark green) and # 2780 (navy blue).



Stats:
  • Pattern: Row Addition from the book Modern Plus Sign Quilts by Cheryl Brickey and Paige Alexander (see links at the bottom to purchase your copy)
  • Size: 40.5" x 45.5" 
  • Fabrics: Kona White for the plus signs and Bubblegum, Schoolbus, Sprout, Jade Green and Teal Blue for the rows
  • Thread: Pieced with Aurifil #2600 (Dove) in 50 wt and quilted with #2479 (pink), #2150 (orange), #2845 (light green), #2890 (dark green) and # 2780 (navy blue)


The Modern Plus Sign Quilts book is full of really beautiful quilt designs - and they go from small runner to big bed quilts. Some are even designed for paper-piecing so you'll get to work on different piecing techniques.

I've already added a few of the quilts on my To Do List:

Postage Plus - Photo Courtesy of C&T Publishing

Plus Surround - Photo Courtesy of C&T Publishing

Tribal Plus - Photo Courtesy of C&T Publishing

Celestrial - Photo Courtesy of C&T Publishing
Want to buy your own copy of Modern Plus Sign Quilts? Here's where to find it:


Be sure to visit the other participants in the blog hop:

Monday, March 12th
Paige @ Quilted Blooms

Tuesday, March 13th
Kitty @ Night Quilter
Sophie @ Luna Lovequilts
Afton @ Quilting Mod

Wednesday, March 14th
Jayne @ Twiggy and Opal
Abigail @ Cut & Alter
Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl
Sandra @ mmm! quilts
Karen @ Run Sew Fun

Thursday, March 15th
Bernie @ Needle and Foot
Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty

Friday, March 16th
Izzy @ Dizzy Quilts
Christa @ Christa Quilts

Monday, March 19th
Jessica @ Quilty Habit

Tuesday, March 20th
Katherine @ Sew Me Something Good

Wednesday, March 21st
Anja @ Anja Quilts

Thursday, March 22nd
Joanne @ Quilts by Joanne

Friday, March 23rd
Paige @ Quilted Blooms


I will be sharing this quilt finish over at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at mmm! Quilts who is hosting TGIFF this week. This is also finish number 5 on my 2018 FAL list for Q1!

Comments

  1. This is a lovely version! That's quite a to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another reason for me to buy this book. I really like your colour choices. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for a baby quilt, love this one and your choice of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors! And that polka dot backing is fabulous and a great choice for this pattern in these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your version! The colors are awesome together and the backing is so much fun! Thanks again so much for taking part in the book hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty! I love the solids used in this one and your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic design and love the fabric combo and the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, such rich teals! This is a a lovely version of the Row Addition. It's nice to know it sews up so fast too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt! Great texture from the wavy line quilting, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that polka dot background and how it wraps around to the front. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving all the quilts I'm seeing from the book and glad I snagged a copy. Wonderful color in the quilt you made!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great version, Izzy! I love the colors you chose and the fun backing you selected to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors! Reminds me of sherbet ice cream! Playful polka dots are the perfect touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your version of this quilt - I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful in those beautiful bright solids and lovely happy backing and binding too. It’s a great interpretation of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great quilt and those bright colors will light up any room and make life happier. What kind of batting did you use.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh I love how you went from light to dark, and how you quilted it! Perfect backing too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colors you used are so pretty and go together so well. Thanks for sharing the name of the fabric you used. It has been fun to see the various quilts using the same patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your Row Addition. That pattern is so modern and fresh. The book is on my wish list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your version of this quilt, and the wavy quilting lines worked wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great color choices and beautiful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You used such pretty Kona's for your version of this quilt. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the colors you chose for your quilt - and the polka dots, love that fabric - so perfect for baby quilts! Thank you for sharing, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  24. In addition to loving the palette you chose, I'm crazy about the quilting! I imagine quilting those organic lines was relaxing. I'm a walking-foot girl, too, but I do lots of marking. I'll have to give an upcoming project the treatment you gave this project. : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great colors and your quilting - gentle waves - is my go to design

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful quilt! So colorful and fun and the backing is perfect. Your quilting is perfect for the design. Great job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this one, Izzy! And that wavy quilting is a perfect counterpoint to the geometric design of the quilt pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your color choices and the organic wavy lines for the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such fun colors! They make for a happy, sunny quilt. Your quilting is wonderful on this.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice finish! This would make a good baby quilt for our doctor, who just had one!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a lovely version of this quilt - and great to hear how quickly it came together. It is always good to have a few patterns that can be made last minute! Congrats on the FAL finish too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So so bright and happy! Love it, and your wavy line quilting. (thats right up my alley, novice me)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your colours. I want to try this pattern. There are so many great projects in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your quit! This looks like a fabulous book!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great colors and your quilting - gentle waves - is my go to design

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment