Magnolia Mystery Quilt Finish

Back in July 2017, Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs launched her annual mystery quilt-along. This was my third time participating - I quilted along for her Midnight Mystery Quilt, her Meadow Mystery Quilt and I've now finished the Magnolia Mystery Quilt.


I love the design! And for once, I'm pretty pleased with my fabric choices - Carolyn Friedlander's Crosshatch in Creamsicle, Lace Elements in Plum by Art Gallery, Kona Charcoal and Carolyn Friedlander's Doe in White for the background.


The backing is a cotton sheet I bought on sale because I liked the colour and because I decided to make the larger size and really didn't want to have to piece the back.  The binding is more Lace Elements in Plum.


This is a pretty big quilt and I was going to quilt it on my domestic machine so I chose to go simple with the quilting - a big soft meander with Aurifil #2021 (white) in 50 wt.


The deadline for submitting a picture for the parade and possibly win some pretty awesome prizes was this week and the parade is scheduled for the first week of March. I can't wait to see all the finished quilts!

Quilt Stats:
  • Pattern: Magnolia Mystery Quilt by Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs
  • Size: 85" x 90" 
  • Fabrics: Carolyn Friedlander's Crosshatch in Creamsicle, Lace Elements in Plum by Art Gallery, Kona Charcoal and Carolyn Friedlander's Doe in White for the background 
  • Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil #2021 (white) in 50 wt 
  • Recipient: My daughter Marianne

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Lisa of Port Hope for TGIFF.

This is finish number 3 on my Q1 List for the 2018 FAL!

Comments

  1. It's awesome. I love the plum. It looks great in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colors you picked. What a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your version; the colors are so rich and the snow makes them pop even more off the white background. Congratulations on the finish! Do you have plans for the quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautiful and yay for a FAL finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting color combination and a fantastic finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great magnolia! I love the colors and the stippling for the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the peach plum combo, classic yet somehow unexpected and modern. Did you have any troubles using a sheet as backing? Thanks for linking to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment