A new table runner from leftovers!

During the holidays, I had some time off work and decided to clean my sewing room. I found a little pile of triangle trimmings from a quilt top I was working on and decided to make HSTs with them instead of putting them in my scrap bins.

I decided to set them in a fun zig zag layout and before too long I had a fun block.


I used up some of the white tone on tone fabric to add a big border and enlarge the quilt top to about 24" x 40".


I used my walking foot to echo the piecing with Auriful #2021 (white) in 50 wt.


The backing is a piece of fabric I had left from another project. And the binding is also scraps in different shades of purple.


And as soon as it was done, I knew it was perfect for my step-daughter's dining room table - she loves purple!

Quilt Stats:
  • Pattern: No pattern
  • Size: 24" x 40" 
  • Fabrics: Lace Elements in Plum by Art Gallery and Carolyn Friedlander's Doe in White 
  • Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil #2021 in 50 wt 
  • Recipient: My step-daughter

This is my first finish of my Q1 FAL for 2018!

I will also be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Negligent Style for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. Very cute and used from your stash - can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple but so elegant! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to use up some scraps and a great gift for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat! What a perfect way to use up leftovers! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Love using those leftover bits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore a quilt project that is spontaneous and uses up my scrap stash! This one is fantastic, Izzy! I love the bold geometric design balanced with that gorgeous floral backing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun and what a beautiful use for the leftovers from other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project from your stash. And no scraps to add to the collection ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! for using up those leftovers. Enjoy your new table runner!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment