1-Hour Basket for Hunter

I became a grand-mother for the 3rd time over the weekend! Little Hunter was born Sunday morning at 4:39 AM - both baby and mommy are back at home now and doing really well.


Before he came along, Hunter's mom asked me to make a basket for his room. Something that could sit on a shelf right under his changing table and in which she could put baby wipes and a few diapers. I was more than happy to make that happen of course!

I wanted blue fabrics for this little basket, but couldn't find anything in my stash that would be appropriate for a baby's room. So I was going to order something, but then I discovered the perfect half yard cut sitting in a 1-hour basket I made a while ago. (I was actually looking at the basket to try and figure out what I had used to make it stand up!)


This is fabric I purchased from fellow Montreal MQG member and fabric designer Tamara from Tamara Kate. Aren't these zebras adorable?!

I had some blue Kona cotton leftover from Hunter's baby quilt so decided to use that to make a contrasting bottom and handles.  And because I had a half yard of the zebras, I went ahead and used the same fabric for the inside of the basket.


I'm super happy with how this basket turned out and I think my daughter will be pretty happy too!

Stats:

  • Pattern: 1-Hour Basket by Kelby Sews
  • Size: 6.5" high by 12" wide 
  • Fabrics: Origami Oasis by Tamara Kate and Kona Algeria 
  • Thread: Pieced with Aurifil #2600 in 50 wt 
  • Recipient: Little Hunter


I will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Musings of a Menopausal Melon for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. Super cute. And congrats on your new grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable, versatile, and FUNCTIONAL basket! That can be filled with a stack of fresh diapers, or clean baby laundry, or soft toys... I'm sure it will get lots of use. And CONGRATULATIONS, Grandma! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new baby! He is adorable! The basket is cute too! Love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! So sweet! Your basket is pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Cute baby! The basket is super too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have yet to make a 1-hour basket, which I hear takes twice as long for the first one especially ha. I love that zebra fabric, just perfect! Yay for a safe arrival and that mama and baby are doing so well. Congrats! I have but one grandson and he is just the best. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great basket and such a cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats! such a cute boy and the gift too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new grandson! He is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a little sweetie - congratulations, Granma :D Love this basket - very fun fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Those zebras are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! on the new grand and that grand basket.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the basket ... and congratulations on that beautiful grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment