And Baby Girl Makes Four

A colleague is having her second baby soon. I made a quilt for her first baby so of course I had to make one for her little baby girl.



I purchased the Giraffes in a Row pattern from Sew Fresh Quilts because, let's face it, it was perfect for this little baby. My colleague already decided this baby girl will be her last - her little family of four is done.

I chose Kona solids in eight different shades for the giraffes, Kona silver for the background and Kona black for the eyes.  The binding is scrappy, made with leftovers from the giraffes.


For the quilting, I used my walking foot and quilted wavy horizontal lines with the very versatile Aurifil #2600 (Dove) in 50 wt.

The backing is a really cute Riley Blake print.


I don't always label my quilts but this one needed one!


To make the label, I simply folder a square in half and stitched the label onto the back when I sewed the binding on. I then hand stitched the rest of the label to the quilt.

My colleague leaves on maternity leave this week so I plan on giving her this little baby quilt on Friday.

Quilt Stats:
  • Pattern: Giraffes in a Row by Sew Fresh Quilts 
  • Size: 39" square 
  • Fabrics: Kona cotton solids 
  • Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil #2600 in 50 wt 
  • Recipient: Joumana's little girl 

Linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Devoted Quilter for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. This is a perfect way for them to welcome baby girl. What a kind and caring gift to make for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! And the wavy quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite patterns! I love the different bright colors you chose for the giraffes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super, super cute! Love that scrappy binding. You're right about the Dove color. Which reminds me I need to order more of it. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this one, Izzy! Those giraffes and the fact that "baby makes four" is just perfection! I also love the colours you went with. Just SO good all around :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! Lorna's patterns are always so fun, and these giraffes are no exception. I bet baby girl will love her quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute. I'm in the progress of making Giraffe Family for a new baby due in January. Can't wait to start piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute! I love the giraffe family and thoughtful label.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable quilt! It will certainly be loved.
    Aurifil #2600 Dove is my favorite thread!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is absolutely adorable! I love baby quilts that have meaning to them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just the sweetest row of giraffes! Thank you so much for sharing the story of your beautiful little quilt and the wee one it was made for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment