In The Mirror - A Friday Finish

I'm on vacation!!  Not been doing anything special really, just relaxing and enjoying the sunshine. Fall will be here before we know it after all so I need to soak up those rays while I can.

I've been doing a little bit of quilting in the evening and this week, I was flipping through an old issue of Modern Quilts Unlimited (Summer 2013) and saw a small wall hanging designed by a fellow member of the Montreal MQG - Josee Carrier who blogs at The Charming Needle.

Josee's designs are always really crisp and clean and very modern - I just love her style.  I knew I had all I needed in my sewing room so got started right away.


I used a bunch of different Kona cottons, including Ash and Charcoal for the background and binding.  I did have difficulties keeping the 1" strips straight, but I'm pretty happy with the results.


For the quilting, I used my FMQ foot to quilt spirals in different sizes.  I really like the texture of this quilting and the contrast with the very graphic design.


This was my first time doing a matched binding and I have to say - it worked out pretty well.




Quilt Stats:

Pattern: Josee Carrier (from the Summer 2013 Edition of Modern Quilts Unlimited)
Size: 20" x 34"
Fabrics: Kona cottons
Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil #2600 in 50 wt
Recipient:  Not sure yet

I'll be linking up at A Quarter Inch from the Edge for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. Beautiful finish! It's looks like a nice and relaxing way to spend that vacation time. Happy quilting! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I love the matched binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing, Izzy!!! I love your colour choices - they really enhance the graphic design of the quilt pattern. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome quilt! I love the quilting you added to it, it works perfectly with he design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really think the quilting and binding finish this mini off perfectly! Beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the spiral quilting softens the block piecing. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So neat! I think the binding and the swirls are my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment