Ava's Wall Hanging

My step-daughter is moving into a new apartment on July 1 with her boyfriend, who has a little girl: Ava. I thought it would be nice to make a little wall hanging to decorate Ava's new bedroom.


I used the Spell It with Fabric patterns by Moda Fabrics for the letters. They are so easy to make and I love the size; each letter measures about 9 1/2" high by 8" wide. For the diamond, I downloaded Libs Elliott's Electric Diamond paper-pieced pattern by Sariella.com.


I used pink and purple scraps as well as a fun black and white print for the background. 


For the quilting, I used Aurifil thread in colour #2479 (pink) in 50 wt. The stitching lines are about 1/4" apart and I quilted them with my walking foot.  


The backing is a super cute Cotton & Steel print I purchased a long time ago.

I sure hope my step-daughter and Ava's dad like the wall hanging!


Quilt Stats:

Pattern: Letters were from the Spell it with Fabric patterns by Moda Fabrics and Electric Diamond by Sariella.com
Size: 18” x 40”
Fabrics: All scraps
Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil #2479 in 50 wt
Recipient:  Little Ava


I will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Slice of Pi Quilts for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. What a thoughtful gift, Izzy! I love how it turned out and that backing is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a kind and thoughtful thing to do for Ava! Of course she is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift to make for Ava. I hope it helps her feel welcomed and excited by her new room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great gift! Love your straight line quilting too! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I'm sure she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing website. thank for sharing the link.
    หนังไทยใหม่

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment