Top 5 of 2016

Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs is hosting her annual "Top 5 Linky Party" and I thought I'd participate again this year.  It was kind of fun to go through my blog posts from the past year and come up with my Top 5.

1. Top Views - Sunny Zipper Pouch


My Sunny Zipper Pouch post not only has the most views this year, but it also got re-pinned the most on Pinterest.


2. Top Comments - Super-sized Spiraled


The Super-sized Spiraled blog post was the one that received the most comments this past year.  I'm also super proud of this finish based on a tutorial by Debbie of A Quilter's Table.  The quilting on this one took many, many hours and I love every stitch!


3. Top Achievement - Y Seams and the Weight of Love Quilt


I learned how to sew Y seams during a workshop with Libs Elliot but then the few pieces I had sewn together for the Weight of Love quilt stayed in my WIP pile for a long time.  I'm super happy that I decided to take it out of the pile and finish it.  By the end of the project, my Y seams were getting really, really good.


4. Top Small Finish - Crosscut Quilt


Back in the summer, Debbie of A Quilter's Table hosted a really fun QAL featuring her Crosscut Quilt design.  I really liked the look of her quilt so I jumped on board and made my own.  As it turns out, this little quilt is my favourite small finish of 2016 and I proudly display it on my dining room wall.


5. Top Large Quilt Finish - Snowflake Shimmer


This is another QAL I participated in this year.  This was was hosted and designed by Yvonne of Quilting Jet Girl.  This is definitely my favourite large finish this year. I love the fabrics I chose, but I'm especially proud of the quilting.


I now look forward to 2017 and all the wonderful things it will bring I'm sure!

Comments

  1. Beautiful projects for 2016. I love the quilting on Snowflake Shimmer. Hope to see some fun projects next year. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great projects!! Looking forward to seeing what you create in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic list! Dare I say I'm smiling to see I had a tiny little influence in a couple of them. ;-) I'd say you had a great year and I'm sure pleased to follow along...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great variety of projects you've completed this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really like your top5! Your Weight of love and Cross cut quilts are really neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really inspiring top five! The quilting looks very impressive, I wonder how many hours of practising you have done to achieve such polished results?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That super sized spiral is amazing! The quilting is so good in the negative space and I love the background color. What a great collection! Nice finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finishes! I love your snowflake shimmer quilt with all of the wonderful quilting you added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All nice finishes, but my favs are the sunny pouch and the crosscut! I just how how you quilted that one! What a gret year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment