Thursday, November 10, 2016

Winter Star Baby Quilt

When my fellow Montreal MQG member and friend Shannon announced that she was publishing a pattern for her Winter Star quilt, I jumped at the opportunity to test it for her.  The design was so much fun and I was in need of a baby quilt for my kids' cousin who is pregnant with her first baby.

Shannon's pattern provides instructions for 3 sizes:  baby, throw and double.  Like I said, I needed a baby quilt so went with the 40" x 40" version for mine.


I chose fat quarters from my stash in tones of pink, purple, blue and green.  The background is Kona White.  The binding is a scrappy bunch of leftover strips from other quilts in pink and a tiny bit of green.



The backing is a fabric I've had for a very long time - some tiny purple dots on a white background.  I love it when I have the perfect fabric in my stash for the backing!

I quilted it with a big meander with 50 wt white Aurifil thread.


Shannon is publishing the pattern for Winter Star the week of November 21.  I highly recommend it. She did a fabulous job with the instructions and the illustrations make things super easy to follow, even for a novice quilter.



Quilt Stats:

  • Pattern:  Winter Star by Shannon Fraser of s/f Designs
  • Size: 40" square (baby quilt size)
  • Fabrics: 8 fat quarters entirely from stash and Kona White for the background
  • Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil 50 wt #2021
  • Recipient:  Mylene for her first baby
Will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday.

5 comments:

  1. So cute, it turned out really well! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I love the bright colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one! Looks like a quick finish too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Izzy, you have grown and grown in your quilting! I love seeing all of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stars have a 3D look with the lights and darks of each block! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS