Week 2 of #100days100blocks

I can't believe I've been able to keep up with this challenge!  I got through week 2 and posted my block every morning.

I'm done with the orange scrap bin now and moved on to the purple one (purple is my favourite colour so I'm really enjoying sewing these up!)


Some of these scraps are 7 or 8 years-old - I used them in one of my very first quilts.

I put them all up on my design wall just now and they look amazing!  I'm so excited about this quilt.


I saw that a few participants in the QAL are sewing borders on their block in preparation for putting the blocks together in a quilt.  I think this is a pretty good idea and I might start doing that too.  Although I'm not quite sure if I want to go with pure white, off white or light grey.  Any thoughts?

Comments

  1. I love the purple blocks! I particularly love the second one from the top in the purple row, sooo pretty! In terms of borders, I'm a sucker for pure white :) I just find it makes everything pop, but light grey would also be a great option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the blocks you made. I'd like to do something like that. I'll have to check out the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of light gray, it's different. Great use for those scraps it's coming out great so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment