Memory Quilts

I recently wrote about the memory quilts I've been working on.  Well, I managed to finish piecing, basting and quilting both of those memory quilts this week.  And I have to say - they came out exactly like I wanted them to.

This first one is for Diane, my father-in-law's youngest daughter:


And this one is for Sandra, his oldest daughter:


For both quilts, I cut strips of varying widths and then randomly sewed them together into strip sets. To make the top larger, I used some solid strips between each row.

The quilting is a soft, big meander.


The quilts are super soft.  They both measure about 50" square.  Both sisters-in-law are visiting this weekend so I plan on giving them the quilts then.

And I kept a few strips to make a little something for my sweetie too.  I just haven't decided what that's going to be yet.

I will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at A Quarter Inch from the Edge for TGIFF.

And these quilts are projects number 2 and 3 on my Q3 FAL list.

Comments

  1. You are on a roll, Izzy! And so sweet of you to make these quilts for your sisters in-law!! Now you've got me curious as to what your going to make your sweetie with the pieces you saved ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these type of memory quilts. The plaids are so lively and I'm sure they bring a lot of comfort to the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finishes. They look great. I'm sure they will be appreciated and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice you are ready to gift these already! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THose are so great. I love all the plaids

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so cozy! I'm sure they will be treasured .

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so cozy! I'm sure they will be treasured .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure these cozy quilts will mean a great deal to your sisters in law. And I'm impressed that you're knocking things off your FAL Q3 list already. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these. They look like books on a shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so lovely! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment