Wedding Quilt for Jen and Sue

A few months ago, I purchased a kit which was on sale from Craftsy.  I didn't think I'd want to make the quilt, but the fabric was V & Co's Ombre so I went ahead and purchased the kit.  I figured I could use the fabric for another quilt.  In the end though, I decided to go ahead and use the pattern that came with the kit.

And while I was finishing it, two friends of ours announced they are getting married!  After 20 years of living together, they finally decided to tie the knot!  I couldn't be happier for them and knew they would get this quilt as a wedding gift.



I love the fading effect of this design and that pink binding is just so pretty!!!



For the quilting, I tried some random square loops and I love it!  The texture is great and it was pretty easy and fast to quilt.



The finished size is 64" x 80" before washing.  I know it'll shrink a bit in the wash, but it'll be a really nice size to cuddle on the couch with.  I sure hope they like it!

This is project number 7 on my Q2 FAL list and my last finish of the quarter so I managed to get 6 out of 7 projects completed.


I will also link this finish up at Crazy Mom Quilts and at Celtic Thistle Stitches for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. That looks fantastic!!! You do such beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish! Congrats to the lucky couple, may they snuggle under it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wedding quilt for your friends is just gorgeous and I love how you quilted it.Congratulations also on achieving so many of your quarter 2 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful wedding gift, congratulations to the happy couple and to you for such a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm back on behalf of the FAL hosting team – thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is an awesome quilt and how perfect that it has a home! It must've known what you didn't...The quilting is just great. I missed the Q2 sign-up, hope to get in for Q3!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I'm sure they will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful quilt. And I'd have thought quite tricky.... Your friends I'm sure will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is gorgeous, both the pattern and the colours, lucky friends is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is gorgeous, both the pattern and the colours, lucky friends is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment