Mighty Lucky Challenge - Purple Improv

The June Mighty Lucky Club Challenge was all about "Saying something with free-motion quilting" with Angela Walters.  At first, I was really excited about the challenge and thought about all the cool stuff I was going to quilt.  But then life got in the way with work and soccer and graduations...

I still wanted to try quilting words on a quilt though so grabbed my first try at the February "Minimalist Improvisation" challenge - my purple improv quilt.  I picked a small white area on the quilt top, chose some 40 wt purple Aurifil thread and started quilting!


After quilting the words, I figured I might as well keep my FMQ foot on the machine and went with a few different designs for the rest of the quilt...


Some paisleys, some square spirals and some flowers.



For the binding, I used some purple scraps and some leftover orange binding I had from another quilt.


So I didn't get much practice with quilting words, but I got another quilt finished!  And this one is going on the wall of our bedroom at the Island house.

And this is project number 2 on my Q2 FAL list!  That's now 6 out of 8 projects completed!

Linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Whims and Fancies for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. Yay on many levels! A FAL finish, a wip finish, and practicing letters even just a bit. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your letters look fantastic! As does the rest of the quilt! Congrats on finishing a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Izzy!! Your free motion quilting in on point and I love the improv design you chose πŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Izzy!! Your free motion quilting in on point and I love the improv design you chose πŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texture is great that you achieved on this quilt. I also love the combination of purple and orange in your binding! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty and modern! All your quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your letters look great and your quilting is really stunning! Love it!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design! Thanks so much for participating in the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of all of the hosts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment