May is for Makers - Week 5

May Is For Makers | LRstitched.com

This is the last week of the May is for Makers campaign and I have loved every minute of it!  This has allowed me to put some intention into my pattern purchasing instead of my usual impulsive shopping.

To end the campaign, I decided to go with something that will push me out of my comfort zone: curves!  I can't remember when or why I purchased it, but a little while ago, I bought a Quick Curve Ruler from Sew Kind of Wonderful and have yet to use it on anything... What can I say? Curves scare me a little.  :-)

I bit the bullet this week with my #mayisformakers purchase and purchase Urban Chained from Sew Kind of Wonderful.


I'm thinking I might have to practice with some of my unloved fabric before cutting into my more precious fat quarters though.

And just for fun, here's a recap of all my purchases this month:

Week 1: Broken Frames by Cheryl Brickley of Meadow Mist Designs


Week 2: Gathered Clutch by Noodlehead

Week 3: Tokyo Subway Map by Elizabeth Hartman

Week 4: Heading South by Material Girl Quilts

Week 5: Urban Chained by Sew Kind of Wonderful

Comments

  1. I was afraid of curves, too and the QCR changed my life! I began with the table runner pattern that comes with the ruler. Now I've made six or more projects and am obsessed! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the ruler too and have yet to try it. I think I have a pattern somewhere too...One of these days! I missed seeing you bought the Subway Map pattern - I've always like that quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment