Thursday, May 19, 2016

Gathered Clutch Finish

In week 2 of the May is for Makers campaign, I purchased the Gathered Clutch from Noodlehead. And this past weekend, I decided to use the pattern to make myself a new clutch in some of the fat quarters I had been hoarding for a while now.


I chose a black fabric for the outside and the accent fabric is a really nice mustard.  And I couldn't believe it when I found a zipper that matched that mustard fabric perfectly in my stash!


The lining is a grey fabric and I used the same accent mustard fabric for the divider and card holder.


The pattern was extremely easy to follow and produces a really nice looking clutch.  And with the interfacing, it has just the perfect amount of "stiff", even with just the quilting cotton.  And let's face it, that gathered front is a really cute design element.


The whole thing only took about 2 hours to make so this would be a perfect gift.  You could make one in every colour of the rainbow if you wanted!  :-)  I know I plan on making a couple more...

I will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Quilt Matters for TGIFF.

3 comments:

  1. Love the mustard with black and the contrasting zipper! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great finish, Izzy! That gathered front is such a great accent -- makes me think of Audrey Hepburn for some reason -- classic and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent combination of fabrics! Very classy

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS