Christmas 2015: The Coffee Mugs Wall Hanging

This little wall hanging is for Brittany, my step-daughter.  Brittany moved out about a month ago so I wanted to make something she could hang on the wall of her tiny kitchen and be reminded every morning that her dad and I love her very much.


The pattern is by Amanda Jean Nyberg and is exclusive to Connecting Threads.  I chose red scraps for the coffee mugs and Kona White and Kona Snow for the background.  The binding is a red print I bought many, many moons ago at JoAnn's.


I quilted it with my walking foot, with curvy lines about 1/2" apart in two different directions.  I just love the texture it gave the quilt, but some of the coffee mugs got distorted a tiny bit - I wonder if it's because of the quilting itself or because I didn't baste the sandwich close enough.  What do you guys think?  Has this happened to you before?  Do you know how to avoid it?

The finished size is 15" x 18" - perfect for Brittany's tiny kitchen.  :-)


I will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Crazy Dutch Bird Quilts for TGIFF.

Izzy

Comments

  1. That's so cute! What a lovely gift! I'm pretty sure it's the quilting that distorts it, I've had that happen before - I would love to hear a solution! I can't see the distortion of the mugs though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! A perfect addition to a kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift. Love the curved quilting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This is a beautiful present! I'm sure she will enjoy this in her kitchen! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. And another great share. I love how the scrappiness and the quilting work. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! What a sweet story behind your quilt. I love it in the reds. There is always a portion of my quilts that gets a bit skewed when I quilt. Guess we could just say it's "wonky". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your coffee mugs! Perfect for a kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment