WIP Wednesday: Pillows

I haven't done a WIP post in a while because for the past few weeks, I really only had 1 project on the go and figured it would be pretty boring to post pictures of the same project every week.  Well - I finished my big quilt this week (will post pictures of it later) so got started on a couple of small projects:  Pillows!



My inspiration for these pillows was this Pin.  Unfortunately, I don't know what prints these are (if you do, please let me know in the comments), but the solids are Kona Ash and Kona Black.  Our new bedroom colour is grey and I haven't quite decided what the accent or splash of colour is going to be, but I think this little bit of yellow will look good.  So these are destined for our bed.






I cut and pieced both pillow tops in one evening, while watching a few episodes of Drop Dead Diva on Netflix.  They measure 19 1/2" square right now, but I'm planning some pretty dense quilting on these so they'll probably end up at 18" square.  I pinned a few Angela Walters FMQ designs on my Pinterest board so will most probably try a few on these pillows.  I purchased some cheap muslin at WalMart today for the backing you won't see inside the pillow so I can get started on the quilting tonight.



Right now though, I'm going outside with my favourite quilt holders (my 2 youngest kids) for an official photo shoot.  My daughter isn't thrilled about it - something about hoping no one she knows will see her.  :-)

Linking to Lee's for WIP Wednesday.

Izzy

Comments

  1. I love these pillows! The colors are great and yellow is always a good choice. I'm also a big fan of Drop Dead Diva.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pillows! The colors are great and yellow is always a good choice. I'm also a big fan of Drop Dead Diva.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment