WIP Wednesday: The Musical Edition

A few years ago, I gave my sweetie guitar lessons for his birthday.  He has since acquired a number of guitars and has been entertaining us with his playing every chance he gets.  When I got the Summer 2014 edition of Modern Quilts Unlimited, and saw a guitar quilt pattern, I immediately identified it as something I would need to make for my sweetie.

Fast forward to this Summer and the time had come!  The pattern was for an electric guitar, and my sweetie plays the acoustic guitar so I had to make changes to the pattern.  I took out the good old graph paper and pencil and got started.  This is what I came up with:



Each square is 2" finished.  I didn't really feel like spending hours cutting 2.5" squares so decided to use up the mini charms I had in my sewing room and which I knew I probably wouldn't use otherwise.  I chose 6 packs that are more traditional prints and colours - and let's be honest - I just wasn't crazy about.  But I figured they would be ok to use in a quilt design such as this one.  I pulled the packs apart and put all the little squares in a cookie box I had handy so that I would simply pull them out of the box and sew.



I'm using Kona Snow as the background so might have to eliminate some of those mini charms.  I worked on this all day yesterday - it was pouring rain - and made some really good progress.  But I'm running out of Kona Snow real fast so will most likely need to order more before I can finish this top.


I can't wait to have this one done and gifted to my sweetie!  I think he's going to love it... even if Puffs seems to be totally unimpressed with the whole thing...



Linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday.

Izzy 

Comments

  1. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I like the colors so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design (and such a cute kitty)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to seeing how that turns out, the pattern alone looks great and Puffs is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment