Seascape Pillow for the Island House

I have been working on nothing but huge projects lately and have a few WIPs on the go so I was itching for a finish.  I needed something small, something that didn't require ordering fabrics and something simple.  When I saw that Michelle and Sherri were launching a new series of QAL with mini quilts, I thought it would fit the bill perfectly.

Photobucket

The June pattern is a design by Sherri called Summer Star.  It only required one mini charm pack and some background fabric. I had a Seascape by Deb Strain mini charm pack in my sewing room and decided to pair that with some Kona Ash for the background.


The whole thing finished at 14 1/2" square.  I then remembered that I ordered a pretty large number of 18" pillow forms a few months ago...  so I added a border to my mini so it measured 18" square.

I quilted it on the diagonal with Aurifil light grey thread.



 I grabbed a Riley Blake print I had in my stash for the backing and inserted a hidden zipper.



And because those colours are perfect for the Island House, this pillow will be making its way to the island on Saturday.

Now that I have this finish all done, back to the bed quilt I've been quilting for what seems like years!  :-)

Linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts and at TGIFF.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Izzy


 

Comments

  1. I love everything about this! Nautical is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the fabric and the pairing with gray. I need another project like I need more fabric but I may have to.five this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the fabric and the pairing with gray. I need another project like I need more fabric but I may have to.five this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun pillow. I totally agree that sometimes you need a quick finish when you have larger projects going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pillow... pushed me over the edge and ordered the pattern...have an idea to put my own spin on it ... can't wait to play.. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great pillow... pushed me over the edge and ordered the pattern...have an idea to put my own spin on it ... can't wait to play.. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Great choice of pattern and fabrics. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty! I was going to reply to you via email, but your comment never showed up in my inbox. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment. :-)

      Delete
  8. Very nice pillow. I love the colours and your piecing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so gorgeous!!! The ocean colors go so perfect with the background (not sure if it's grey or beige or maybe taupe) and your quilting looks perfect too! My comments don't usually carry through so just in case, here's my email and blog address: sunshineintheattic@yahoo.com and sunshineintheattic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri - The background is Kona Ash - a really light grey. It's perfect with a bunch of colours and it's become my go to background colour now.

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous! The border and the quilting are stunning too, almost glad it was to small for your pillow form. Love it with that border.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, great colors and great nautical feel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Izzy, that's amazing!! You must be thrilled with it!! What a great pillow for summer. I'm so glad you are joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the beachy feel of this pillow. Perfect for summer. Thank you for lynking up with me for TIGFF!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment