Jon's Zen Garden Quilt

Jon is my sweetie's oldest son.  I have made a quilt for every single one of our kids - some of our children even got multiple quilts, but Jon had yet to receive one.  And he reminded me every chance he got!

So a few weeks ago, I finally got started on a quilt for Jon.

This "child" is a 6'2", 240 lbs 25 year-old man - so the quilt needed to be pretty masculine.  I knew a modern design would be perfect for him - clean, simple and definitely no frills or floral patterns!

I chose a pattern I found in an old issue of Quilter's World called Zen Garden.  I used 3 different shades of Kona greys and some grey, green and blue prints for just a shot of colour.  For the binding, I went with a white print on black.


For the quilting, I decided to go super simple and stitched straight vertical lines with my walking foot.

The finished size is about 62' x 75" - perfect for a quick snooze on the couch.  I'm happy to report that he is very pleased with his quilt.  So much so that I only had time to take one picture before he grabbed it and took it home!

This is finish #3 on my 2015 Q2 FAL!  Making progress!  :-)

I will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at TGIFF.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Izzy

Comments

  1. I love this! The pops of color against the more neutral background fabrics are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this. I am looking for ideas to use up my scraps and this is perfect and modern. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great very masculine quilt! You are doing waaaay better than I am for the Q2 FAL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love this quilt. The placement of the coloured pieces is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! And your vertical quilting adds real texture instantly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Masculine, and slightly whimsical, and the quilting matches the patchwork completely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment