Finally! A Finish

It feels as though I haven't shared a finish here in ages!  September was absolutely crazy for me both at work and at home but last weekend, I managed to put the final stitches in a charity quilt.

Last Spring, the Montreal Modern Quilt Guild organized a block lottery and participants had to piece a Dancing Queen block (designed by Elizabeth Hartman).  Well, instead of using the blocks for herself, the winner of the lottery decided to donate the blocks so we could make charity quilts.

I volunteered to take 3 of the blocks and piece a quilt with them.  I struggled with how to put the blocks together for weeks and in the end, I really wasn't all that creative... (and I apologize for the really crap pictures - it was already dark when I got home today and I really wanted to post about this finish!)


I used some Kona cotton in I believe Coal to put a huge border on one side and called it done!  

I did put more effort with the quilting though.


I stitched some wood grain in the grey border.


And some big paisleys in the blocks.

The size, before washing, is about 50" x 60".

Linking up this finish at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday.

Have a good weekend!

Izzy



Comments

  1. You are so generous Isabelle. I love the gray with the blue and green. Your wood grain quilting seems amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this! just beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The woodgrain quilting looks good, its a pattern I'd like to try someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blocks and the quilting. Thank you for sharing your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always cool to see something that is a bit different - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you put this quilt together, Izzy! Working with 3 blocks instead of 4 must have made it hard to come up with a design, and I like how you added the border and made the quilt ultra modern! I also like that wood grain quilting you did in the negative space. I've never tried that before and yours looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how the large border looks with these blocks. Your wood grain quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with them! Awesome quilting. I'm sure it will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Love the negative space, and that quilting is marvellous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment