WIP Wednesday and a Goal for March

Things have been pretty quiet here. After I finished my Modern Crosses quilt, I didn't feel like jumping into another project until my sewing room was back to its organized self. So I spent a bit of time cleaning up - the room and my sewing machine, put my scraps away and then I stayed away from the sewing machine for the weekend.

And then Monday night, my sweet daughter reminded me that I had promised a baby quilt for her favourite teacher. I wasn't provided with lots of direction other than it's a boy and the mother does NOT want a blue quilt.

So I went to the Moda Bakeshop and grabbed the PDF for a quilt pattern by the wonderfully talented Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs.

I decided to use fabric scraps and leftover pieces from other baby quilts I worked on recently.

Within an hour or so, I had all my pieces cut and ready to sew...

I started piecing this evening and I am making really good progress! If you have a baby quilt in your future, I highly recommend this tutorial. Lots of fun and it comes together super easily.

I will be linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday and since this little project is A Must Finish before the end of the month, I am also linking up for A Lovely Year of Finishes and making this my goal for March.

I should be back soon with a finished top!

Izzy

 

Comments

  1. Do you know I've had two quilt patterns that are nice and easy and I've managed to make both of them crazy hard and time consuming?? One day, I'll learn!

    Cant wait to see where you go with this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good project.
    I need to work on a sew along I am taking part in but also hope to get my log cabin tops done too this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Izzy, I was so excited to read your blog this morning and see you making a version of my MBS quilt. I love the colors and fabrics you are using. I can't wait to see the finished quilt! Once you finish the quilt, would you allow me to highlight you and your quilt on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fabrics you've chosen. It will look nice, and not blue at all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These fabrics are so cute and I like the pattern you chose. I might have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment