WIP Wednesday

I haven't been doing much sewing lately.  In fact, I seem to have lost my sewing mojo.  I haven't really touched my machine since Saturday and even then, I only quilted a couple of squares on Nine-Patch Flip.

The weather has been so nice around these parts for the past week or so, I feel guilty staying indoors.

The problem is I really have lots to do in the sewing room.  I need to finish quilting Nine-Patch Flip.   I purchased the pattern for this month's Schnibble and I picked my charm packs, but have yet to make a single cut.  I also have to make a pincushion for a swap the Montreal Modern Quilt Guild is having in early June and I have to start planning for a challenge the Guild is organizing over the summer.

But most importantly, I promised my youngest he would get another quilt for his bed.  So I HAD to get started on that one.

I've had a jelly roll from the Meadow Friends collection (Deb Strain for Moda) for a while now and decided it would be perfect for Dylan's quilt.  So I ordered some Bella Cloud and some Pet Park (by Caleb Gray Studio for Robert Kaufman Designs).


I chose to make a pattern from one of my books:  Jelly Roll Dreams by Pam and Nicky Lintott.  The design is called Stacks of Colour.  This will be the first time I use a colour other than white or cream for the background.  I cannot wait to see how it looks.

I cut all of the fabric a couple of nights ago and I just need to get going on the actual sewing part now.

It's supposed to rain this weekend so who knows!  :-)

Linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday (click the button in my sidebar to check out all the WIPs!)

Thanks for visiting,
Izzy

Comments

  1. You get so much done, Izzy, it is good to take a break sometimes! The fabric is cute that you picked. Can't wait to see it in a quilt. I've used different colors for backgrounds before...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your mojo comes back soon because I can't wait to see the jelly roll quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sewing interest comes and goes from time to time so I can certainly relate! No worries! All of your projects will be there when you feel like getting back to them ;-) The quilt for your son is going to be amazing. I love those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment