Tuesday, May 7, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I haven't been doing much sewing lately.  In fact, I seem to have lost my sewing mojo.  I haven't really touched my machine since Saturday and even then, I only quilted a couple of squares on Nine-Patch Flip.

The weather has been so nice around these parts for the past week or so, I feel guilty staying indoors.

The problem is I really have lots to do in the sewing room.  I need to finish quilting Nine-Patch Flip.   I purchased the pattern for this month's Schnibble and I picked my charm packs, but have yet to make a single cut.  I also have to make a pincushion for a swap the Montreal Modern Quilt Guild is having in early June and I have to start planning for a challenge the Guild is organizing over the summer.

But most importantly, I promised my youngest he would get another quilt for his bed.  So I HAD to get started on that one.

I've had a jelly roll from the Meadow Friends collection (Deb Strain for Moda) for a while now and decided it would be perfect for Dylan's quilt.  So I ordered some Bella Cloud and some Pet Park (by Caleb Gray Studio for Robert Kaufman Designs).


I chose to make a pattern from one of my books:  Jelly Roll Dreams by Pam and Nicky Lintott.  The design is called Stacks of Colour.  This will be the first time I use a colour other than white or cream for the background.  I cannot wait to see how it looks.

I cut all of the fabric a couple of nights ago and I just need to get going on the actual sewing part now.

It's supposed to rain this weekend so who knows!  :-)

Linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday (click the button in my sidebar to check out all the WIPs!)

Thanks for visiting,
Izzy

3 comments:

  1. You get so much done, Izzy, it is good to take a break sometimes! The fabric is cute that you picked. Can't wait to see it in a quilt. I've used different colors for backgrounds before...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your mojo comes back soon because I can't wait to see the jelly roll quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sewing interest comes and goes from time to time so I can certainly relate! No worries! All of your projects will be there when you feel like getting back to them ;-) The quilt for your son is going to be amazing. I love those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS