May Goal Accomplished!

My May goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes was to quilt Four-Patch-Flip... and I made it!  :-)  Here she is all quilted and finished.  Yay!


I pieced this top back in December 2011 and it had been sitting in my pile of tops ever since.  It was definitely time for this beautiful top to get quilted.  The fabrics are from the Hometown collection by Sweetwater for Moda and the blue accent fabric came from my stash.

The pattern is from the book "Layer Cake, Jelly Roll & Charm Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott.  It finishes at about 54" x 72" - the perfect size for snuggling under while watching TV or a good movie.

I quilted it with pebbles and flowers - which I learned from the Angela Walters Craftsy class - and some wandering clovers (a Leah Day design) in the border.


I loved quilting these designs.  There's something very zen-like about doing pebbles and flowers.


I am super happy and proud of this finish.  I love the fabrics, the pattern and I especially love the texture of all that quilting.  It is awesome.

I will be linking up over at Crazy Mom's Quilts for Finish it Up, at Lucy's for TGIFF and over at Fiber of All Sorts for ALYOF.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and thank you for stopping by!

Izzy

Comments

  1. Great job! What an awesome finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting looks really good! I have been using Angela Walters's fmq book to help my quilting. I wonder if I should take the Craftsy class too. Do you quilt fast or slow? Leah Day suggests moving quickly, but another person told me she goes really slow. I'm just curious how fast you move your needle. I haven't found the right speed yet except for stippling, which I feel like I could do in my sleep at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is just beautiful. Love your color choices, especially the blue....and the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flowers you have quilted in this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and the quilting looks great!
    I took the same craftsy class, but am not quite this good yet.
    Following on bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilted circles. I really adds to the finished quilt. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the brightness of the blue with the more subtle collection fabrics. Really neat effect when you see it in whole. I love doing pebble quilting as well - you're right - very zen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fantastic, the quilting is outstanding!! I love the flowers!
    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so so cute! I love the fabric choices and the quilting is awesome! I'm totally wanting that book now just for this are the rest of the patterns good too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt, plus I love anything Sweetwater puts out. I opened an online shop and it's hard to keep their fabric in stock. Thanks for sharing, love your blog.

    http://www.rusticroosterquiltshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a fantastic quilt! The quilting you chose to do is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment