Finished Top and a May Goal

The last item on my To Do List for April was finishing my Granny Squares top.  I had to spend most of Sunday evening sewing, but I got it done!

Grannies_Top

I used a Little Apples jelly roll and followed this method for piecing the blocks, but changed the pattern somewhat because I wanted a bigger quilt.  Instead of using only half the strips in the jelly roll and make 20 blocks, I made 40 blocks in a 8 x 5 layout and omitted the border.

I haven't measured it yet, but it's pretty big.

I am super happy with this top.  And I know it's not officially a finished quilt, but I'll be linking up at AmandaJean's for Finish It Up and at Quokka Quilts for TGIFF.

And now for my May goal.  This month, I want to finish quilting my Nine-Patch Flip quilt.  I started quilting it last weekend so I'm making this my one goal for a Lovely Year of Finishes and will be linking up for that as well.

9-Patch_Flip_Top


It's supposed to be 24 degrees and sunny here all weekend... not sure how much sewing is going to get done!  :-)

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

Izzy

Comments

  1. It looks FANTASTIC. :) Well done and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the granny squares - I know how long they take because I made one half the size! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those quilts are super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours you chose are wonderful! Love the pattern too!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the granny squares quilt turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment