All set for Texas!

Yesterday, I posted a picture of the fabric I was using to make myself a new open wide zipper pouch based on Noodlehead's pattern here.

I'm happy to say that I finished the pouch last night and it's AMAZING!  I love it.


I tried making it with a contrasting bottom and I'm super happy with how it looks.  I also used interfacing this time around (I didn't with the first 2 pouches I made back in January) and it holds its shape much better.

I used a cute grey fabric for the lining (all fabrics are from the Ruby collection by Bonnie & Camille for Moda).


The medium size is perfect for all of my make-up as well as the travel size bottles of shampoo, shower gel, etc.

So I'm all set for my short trip to Dallas this weekend!

Linking up at AmandaJean's for Finish It Up and at Ms. Midge's for TGIFF!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone and I'll see you back here next week when I'm back from the conference.

Izzy

Comments

  1. Sweet! I've used that same tutorial as a reference For putting in a zipper. Texas sounds like it will be a long flight for you. Do you have some sewing for the plane?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Ruby fabric! :) Great finish. Enjoy the conference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Noodlehead pattern is just fab isn't it and I love your fabric choices - dropped by from TGIFF :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabric choices! I've been eyeing off this pattern for awhile now, love your version of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my fav patterns outthere. you made pretty version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome project! I love your fabrics! I am making two of those pouches for friends. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She did such a great job on that and all of her tutorials. Your interpretation is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE!! I need to make myself one of these now! I just made my first zippered pouch a few weeks ago and I'm afraid an obsession is coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!!!!!! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fabrics and especially the inside fabric - I have been meaning to make some of these Noodlehead bags for myself - I even have the zippers and fabrics picked out - just have to sit down and make them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fabric is super cute on the tote. We followed your blog, please come be a member of ours!

    Anna and Sarah
    quackadoodlequilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment