My weekend...

was fabulous!  :-)  Our oldest daughter offered to babysit for the weekend so my sweetie and I went to the cottage ALL BY OURSELVES!!!  We watched 2 hockey games (and my team won both games!), went for a nice dinner and then took a romantic walk with the dog.   Tonight, we ordered some take-out food and we're going to watch the Super Bowl.

Needless to say, I didn't want to spend my weekend sewing.  :-)

I did start quilting Daisy Chains while my sweetie was up on the roof cleaning the chimney (we thought a bird might have nested in there in the Spring and my great procrastinator sweetie waited until we needed the fireplace before going up there).

Daisy Chains getting some quilting

Since this quilt is going on my daughter's bed in the city, I decided I would practice my FMQ skills.  I'm doing some echo quilting around the "plus" blocks and then I'll do some designs in between those blocks.  I won't show you the back because I was having a terrible time with the tension on my sewing machine.

When we got home this afternoon, I went into my sewing room and finally got started on Lori Holt's Row Along.


Row_Along_Row1

I'm using my scraps from the 2010 FQS Designer Mystery BOM for the Row Along (12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain for Moda).  I have a whole bin full of these scraps so I'm thinking I might actually have enough for the whole row along.

And finally, I got caught-up in Happy Quilting's Starburst Quilt Along.  I pieced a whole bunch of flying geese blocks using Melissa no-waste method and they went together perfectly and super quickly.

Starburst_FGs

This week, we start piecing blocks... I can't wait!  :-)

And how was your weekend?

Izzy

Comments

  1. What a nice weekend :-) A nice daughter too :-) congrats on that FMQ practice! Any practice is good practice in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love how quickly those flying geese go together :) Yours look fantastic!! Way to get all caught up :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment