This last weekend was pretty busy and eventful. First, I had the day off on Friday so drove to the cottage with the dog planning for a full day of quilting. Well, thank goodness I didn't have plans to be outside because a tornado hit the small town that's near our cottage! Wind, rain and ... ice pellets!
|Look at the size of that ice pellet next to the arrow!|
Then I pin basted and quilted Summer Day, the April Schnibbles you can read all about here. I'm hoping to put the binding on it this weekend.
And, of course, a few more grannies got made over the course of the week. Here's what the afghan looks like so far:
And since I'm linking up at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday, here are some stats:
In progress (actual work getting done):
- Two Percent (4 blocks quilted so far - 5 more to go, plus the border and binding)
- Afghan (about 1/2 way done with the grannies)
- Summer Day (need to finish the binding)
Tops waiting for a backing and quilting:
- Daisy Chains (top was completed in July 2010 - I don't even have a picture of it it's been so long!)
- Doc (this is the May Schnibbles - hoping to have this one quilted and done by end of this month)
- Hourglass Patches (top was completed in February 2011 - this one was made with X-Mas fabric so no rush to get it all done)
- Nine Patch Flip (top was completed in December 2011 - I can't decide on a backing for this one and that's why it's been sitting in my pile of unquilted tops all this time)
- Pandora's Box (top was completed in June 2011 - I really love this top, but can't find the proper backing)
- The Big EZ (top completed November 2011 - have the backing fabric, but not enough of it!)
- None this week
- None this week
Hope you all add a wonderful week...