Weekend Finishes

I had the most amazingly relaxing weekend!  My daughter spent the weekend with her dad and our youngest was spending the weekend at a friend's house so D and I were all alone at the cottage from Friday night until late afternoon Sunday! 

And what did I do?  I slept 10 hours both nights, ate seafood for supper Saturday night (the kids hate seafood!), watched 2 hockey games and spent a bit of time quilting.  What more could I ask for?

I didn't spend a whole lot of time quilting - that would not have been very romantic - but I did manage to get a couple of things finished.

I completed the quilting and put the binding on my small table top from last week:


The picture isn't great (I really need to start taking better pictures!), but this little quilt is now sitting on an end table waiting for a little brother for the other end table!  Maybe next weekend...


My other goal for the weekend was to start sewing Full House, January's Schnibble.  I got the pattern in the mail last week and couldn't wait to get started.

And here it is!  I cannot believe I managed to finish the top in one day!  The little house blocks are so much fun to put together.



I chose Blueberry Crumb Cake charm squares for this one and really like the results.  The red sashing and border came from my stash. 

And how was your weekend?


Comments

  1. What a great weekend!! You could have done a 'Ghost' type thing with the sewing machine! No?!! hahaha.
    I love those houses, such a sweet quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hockey!? And quilting? Izzy! Soul sister! It's a great way to spend a day.

    I love your Blueberry Houses and really, great minds DO think alike because I've added some red ~ okay, reddish-pink ~ to the quilt I'm making with that fabric. :)

    I'm glad you had a terrific weekend ~ here's hoping it is just the first of many this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blues look wonderful :-) And you put it together in a day?? I'm impressed! Sounds like you had a sweet weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment